AFA Utah Chapter 235 recognizes 2020 Scowcroft Award winners
75th Air Base Wing Public Affairs
/ Published August 24, 2020
HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah -- The Air Force Association Utah Chapter 235 hosted the 2020 Brent Scowcroft Awards Ceremony Aug. 19 to recognize the outstanding individual and team logistics, maintenance and sustainment performers in the ICBM, air dominance, supply chain and munitions career fields.
This was the 31st year the ceremony was held. The inaugural 1989 ceremony was named for Lt. Gen. Brent Scowcroft, who led the Scowcroft commission to map the future of America’s ICBM.
A native of Ogden, Utah, Scowcroft passed away Aug. 6 this year at his home in Falls Church, Virginia, at the age of 95.
Scott Warren, president of AFA Utah Chapter 235, said it was important to continue to honor the general for his successful career developing the architecture for the U.S. nuclear force.
“We honor the nominees and recipients of the Scowcroft Award that recognizes Air Force leaders who, like General Scowcroft, are winners and the best of the best in their specialties,” Warren said. “The Brent Scowcroft awards continues AFA Chapter 235’s annual tradition of honoring the best. We congratulate this year’s winners.”
The event originally honored the top performers in the ICBM field, but later expanded to include the top acquisition, sustainment, maintenance, logistics, supply chain, and munition performers.
This year’s ceremony was held virtually due to COVID-19.
2020 Brent Scowcroft Award Winners:
ICBM Depot Level Maintenance
• Robert P. Sears, 309th Missile Maintenance Group, 582nd Missile Maintenance Squadron
ICBM Maintenance and Logistics
• Tech. Sgt Samuel D. Savoie, 20th Air Force, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyoming
ICBM Acquisition and Sustainment
• David C. Hamblin, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Hill AFB
• Minuteman III Field Support Section, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Hill AFB
Air Dominance Acquisition and Sustainment
• Stephen R. Watry, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Aerospace Enabler Division, Hill AFB
• Unmanned Threat Emitter Team, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Aerospace Enabler Division
Supply Chain Management Acquisition and Sustainment
• Tracy Jones, 748th Supply Chain Management Group, 414th Supply Chain Management Squadron, Hill AFB
• ICBM Security Team, 748th Supply Chain Management Group, 414th Supply Chain Management Squadron, Hill AFB
Munitions Maintenance and Logistics
• Tech. Sgt. Katherine L. R. Sire, 649th Munitions Squadron, Hill AFB