Hill Air Force Base offices, services see changes due to coronavirus
75th Air Base Wing Public Affairs
/ Published March 18, 2020
Editor’s note: The COVID-19 outbreak is a rapidly evolving situation and this information is subject to change. The following information can also be found on the Hill AFB website at www.hill.af.mil/coronavirus. As new information is made available, it will be added to the website.
HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah -- The 75th Air Base Wing is working to provide Hill Air Force Base up-to-date information regarding the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
Currently, there are 0 confirmed COVID-19 cases at Hill Air Force Base.
Hill AFB is currently in Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Alpha.
The HPCON Alpha declaration defines base measures for a limited health threat to base personnel that has the potential to rapidly move into an area.
Precautionary measures include:
1. No handshaking. Use alternate greeting options such as elbow bumps, waive, or other methods that reduce contact exposure.
2. Keep office doors open/cracked unless necessary for security/privacy. This helps reduce frequency of contact with hard surfaces such as door handles.
3. Common Access Cards/base access identification will be visually inspected or scanned at a distance unless absolutely required for security/privacy.
4. Reduce time in common use areas. If required to be in an area, supplies will be provided to wipe down and sanitize the area upon arrival and prior to leaving.
For COVID-19 health-related questions, please contact the 75th Medical Group Public Health Office at 801-777-7934.
Due to COVID-19 concerns, many Hill AFB office and services will be closed or have limited hours until further notice. The information below is subject to change.
Here's what's open and what's closed:
Grocery, retail and dining
• AAFES Main Exchange/Shoppettes: Open regular business hours
• Base Exchange Food Court: Carry-out only – open regular business hours
• Burger King: Drive through only – open regular business hours
• Commissary: Open. Access is restricted to authorized ID card holders. No guests. Also, “Early Bird” shopping is suspended.
• Fast Eddie’s: Carry-out only – open regular business hours
• Hillcrest Dining Facility: Carry-out only – open regular business hours
• Popeye’s: Drive through only – open regular business hours
• Taste of Paradise Cafe: Carry-out only – open regular business hours
• The Landing: The community center, bar and dining services are closed
Fitness and recreation
• Archery Club: Closed
• Arts & Crafts/Auto Hobby: Closed
• Base Library: Closed
• Bowling Alley: Closed
• Hill Aerospace Museum: Closed. All in-house events and education programming has been canceled including the upcoming Easter egg hunt.
• Hess Fitness Center: Closed and 24-hour access suspended.
• Hubbard Golf Course: Closed
• Outdoor Recreation/Tickets & Travel: Open regular business hours
• Rod & Gun Club: Closed
• Warrior Fitness Center: Open regular business hours for active duty, Reserve, Guard, and civilian employees with a common access card in order to provide continued support for the mission readiness of personnel. It is closed to retirees and dependents. Fitness testing will be conducted out of the Warrior Fitness Center.
• Base Chapel: All Hill AFB Legacy Chapel programs and services are cancelled until further notice. Catholic mass and Protestant sermons will be made available on the chapel’s Facebook page. In addition, religious education, family night, and outside unit activities scheduled to occur at the Chapel have been canceled.
Medical facilities and pharmacy
• Military Treatment Facility: Open regular hours. For active duty, Reserve and civilian personnel and families who have COVID-19 symptoms or been exposed to someone who has, call public health at 801-777-7934 or the medical group appointment line at 801-586-CARE (2273) for screening.
• Occupational Medicine: Open regular hours. For civilian employees who have COVID-19 symptoms or been exposed to someone who has, call your health provider or OccMed at 801-777-1155 for screening.
• Base Pharmacy: If you are concerned about picking up your medications in person, you can transfer your prescriptions to TriCare Mail Order. TriCare Mail Order allows your medications to be delivered directly to you via mail, and provides an automatic refill program. Visit the “Hill Pharmacy” tab at www.hill.af.mil/coronavirus or call the Pharmacy at 801-777-0418 more information.
Customer services, programs, activities
• Airman & Family Readiness Center: Open regular business hours
• Child Development Centers: Open regular business hours
• Civilian Personnel Section: Open regular business hours
• Civilian Education and Training: Open regular business hours. However, non-mission critical courses for the remainder of March are cancelled.
• Legal Assistance: Legal Assistance is closed until further notice, except for deploying Airmen to obtain wills and powers of attorney and for certain legal emergencies on a case-by-case basis.
• Lodging: The Mountain View Front Desk, located in The Landing, is open 24/7
• Military Personnel Section: Open regular business hours
• Photo Studio: Studio services are limited to mission-required passport and ISO Prep from 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday on a walk-in basis. All other Photo Studio services are suspended indefinitely and scheduled appointments have been cancelled.
• NAF Human Resources: Open regular business hours
• Tax Center: The Tax Center is closed until further notice.
• Youth Programs: School Age Program – Open regular business hours. Open recreation and instructional classes – Closed
In addition, all 75th Force Support Squadron (Airman & Family Readiness Center, Warrior Fitness Center, etc.) events hosted by the squadron are cancelled through April 15.
As new information is made available, it will be posted at www.hill.af.mil/coronavirus. There are also several additional COVID-19 resources hyperlinked on the site.