Hill Air Show thrills visitors, comes to a close
75th Air Base Wing Public Affairs
/ Published June 25, 2018
HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah --
The 2018 Warriors Over the Wasatch Air and Space Show at Hill AFB came to an end this past weekend where hundreds of thousands of visitors converged on the base to see dozens of military and civilian aerial performers and exhibits.
Military peformers featured this year included U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds aerial demonstration squadron,a 388th Fighter Wing’s F-35A Lightning II attack demonstration, and the U.S. Special Operations Command Para-Commandos parachute demonstration team.
Before the show, Capt. Will Graeff who flew the Thunderbirds’ no. 2 jet said he and the rest of the Thunderbirds were excited to perform at the Hill Air Show. He said the beautiful mountains were a wonderful backdrop for a weekend of exciting performances.
Comments posted on Hill's social media feed athroughout and following the show appeared to support Graeff's prediction.
• Michelle H. on Facebook said, “Thank you Hill AFB for this wonderful show! We haven’t even been here at Hill for a year and we love our experience thus far. Thank you all for your service to this great country!”
• Matt W. on Facebook said, “Thank you again for this this event! I absolutely loved the F-35A attack demo and show of force fly by.”
• Morgan S. on Facebook said, “The experience of a lifetime. I’m beyond grateful. Still speechless. Thank you to all the hard-working men and women who serve our country proudly!”
• The_one_and_only_smiley on Instagram said, “The best air show I have been to! So many great performers and photo ops for each of the beautiful airplanes!”
• _dylansphotography_ on Instagram said, “Today was beyond an amazing experience. I’m not an emotional person, but I definitely shed a few tears during this experience.”
This year's show included an entire hangar dedicated to STEM, which featured science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education for children. Some of the largest aerospace companies in the world also showed up with displays as well as interactive activities.
The Hill Air Show takes place every other year. It is one of the largest shows in the country and the largest single event in Utah.
Hill is currently planning to hold another air show in 2020.