Military spouses now eligible for small business reimbursements

  • Published
  • 75th Air Base Wing Public Affairs

The Air Force is now offering military spouses reimbursement for small business costs, in addition to covering the costs of transferring professional licenses and certifications, when they experience a permanent change of station move with their service member spouse.

The Air Force-wide program provides financial relief of up to $1,000 to Airmen whose spouses incur small business expenses or to those who must obtain state new occupational licenses or certifications as a result of moving.

Small business expenses that are reimbursable include business permit fees, registration fees, moving services for equipment, equipment removal, new equipment purchases, information technology expenses and inspection fees.  As before, spouses will be reimbursed for continuing education courses and registration fees imposed by the new duty station to secure a license or certification to engage in the same profession in which the spouse engaged while in the previous duty station.

To apply, spouses can contact the Military and Family Readiness Center to verify their eligibility. Applicants will then go to finance office, where they will need to provide a copy of applicable PCS orders, a copy of their original state occupational license or certification or proof of small business ownership at both previous and current duty stations, and the paid receipts for qualifying costs or expenses.

For more information, contact the M&FRC at 801-777-4681 or email, or for reimbursement contact