Hill AFB moves to HPCON Charlie
75th Air Base Wing Public Affairs
/ Published March 26, 2020
Hill Air Force Base has been placed in Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Charlie effective immediately. Currently, there are two confirmed cases of coronavirus on the base. These measures keep the installation consistent with the actions of the Department of Defense and U.S. Air Force. The HPCON Charlie declaration will have the following impact to personnel:
- Continue essential missions with required manning -- active duty, Guard, Reserve, government civilians and government contractors.
- Installation operations will be commensurate with federal, state and local guidelines; unit commanders will determine the installation’s essential missions and required manning. Work with your supervisor and leadership on your individual status.
- Maximize telework - only conduct in-person mission essential meetings that require the fewest personnel
- Access procedures to the installation remain unchanged
- Military personnel and we encourage civilian employees to limit off base travel to movement to/from work, grocery, and hospital/medical needs
- Adhere to strict hygiene (no hand-shaking, frequent hand-washing, clean common-use items)
- Continue social distancing (limit in-person meetings, socials and mass gatherings)
HPCON Charlie restricts movement of personnel on the installation as official business, and imposes strict hygiene (no handshaking, wiping of common use items), self-isolation if exposed, and avoidance of risk areas.
Hill personnel are still required to follow the prevention measures already in place:
- Consistent handwashing (at a minimum when arriving and leaving work and home, after using the bathroom and before eating)
- Consistent cleaning of regularly touched surfaces (doorknobs, railings, and desk/work area when arriving and leaving)
- Avoidance of face touching
- No handshakes or hugging
- Social distancing: a minimum of 6 feet between individuals
- Minimize gatherings in excess of 10 people
For COVID-19 health-related questions, please contact the 75th Medical Group Public Health Hotline at (801) 777-7934.
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus, and the Department of Defense Coronavirus website at www.defense.gov/explore/spotlight/coronavirus. Local information and guidance is available at www.hill.af.mil/coronavirus.