HomeAbout UsFact SheetsDisplay

75TH FSS Customer Support

The functions/processes within this element focus more on the customer's individual needs. In most cases the customer will initiate contact with the personnel community. The Customer Support Element is the single point of contact for:

- Accessions
- Citizenship/naturalization
- Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System (DEERS)
- Dress and appearance
- Family status changes
- ID Cards
- In-processing
- Individualized Newcomer Treatment and Orientation (INTRO) program
- Leave program
- Line of Duty (LOD)
- Passports
- Personal Records Display Application (PRDA)
- Servicemember/Family Group Life Insurance (SGLI/FSGLI)

ID cards

Common Access Cards (CACs) are issued by appointment only. Appointments can be made online at https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/.

Dependent, retiree, and all other ID card customers are welcome to walk-in for service, during normal business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please be advised that walk-in service wait time varies by the day. The ID card section is closed for all federal holidays and AFMC family days.

Dependents are also welcome to use our Self-Service Kiosk located in the back of the waiting room, of bldg. 430. Kiosk users need not make an appointment or wait to be serviced. They will be notified via e-mail at a later date (within 5 duty days) when they may return and pick-up their new ID card. If you require more information or assistance regarding the Kiosk please stop by bldg. 430.

Eligible personnel may be serviced at any DEERS/RAPIDS site. A listing of other DEERS/RAPIDS sites can be located at http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl.

Documents to bring

All customers age 21 and older must present two forms of ID. The primary ID must be a valid state or federal government issued photo ID. The secondary ID can be a birth certificate, Social Security card, voter registration card, school ID with photo, or any other form of state or federal government ID with photo.

- Newlyweds: Bring in a certified marriage certificate and the spouse's Social Security card.

- Newborns: Bring in the state-issued birth certificate and Social Security card, if you have not received the baby's Social Security number, the military member has 90 days to bring it in.

- Recently Divorced: The sponsor needs to bring in the divorce decree and spouse's ID card and any other IDs that need to be confiscated.

Dependent IDs

In order for a dependent to get an ID, the sponsor must be with the dependent. If the sponsor is deployed, TDY, etc., the dependent needs to have a Power of Attorney or an original DD Form 1172 signed by the sponsor.

Dependents turning 21

If the sponsor's unmarried dependent child is turning 21, the child cannot have an ID unless they meet the following criteria:

- Must be enrolled in a full-time course of study at an institution of higher learning approved by the administering Secretary* and dependent on the sponsor for over one-half of the child's support**

*Institution of higher learning: A college, university, or similar institution, including a technical or business school, offering post secondary-level academic instruction that leads to an associate or higher degree, if the school is empowered by the appropriate state education authority under state laws to grant an associated or higher degree.

**Students over age 21, but not 23: The sponsor must be providing over 50 percent of their support and certify the support requirement when signing the application of Uniformed Service Identification Card. Students enrolled less than full time in two institutions of higher learning may not combine hours to qualify as a full-time student.

- To keep them enrolled in DEERS, the sponsor must present a letter of acceptance of enrollment signed by an authorized officer of the college or university.

Dependents/retired members turning 65 and receiving Medicare

Bring in your Medicare card so that it can be added into DEERS. The earliest Medicare can be updated is two weeks before your birth month.


Contractor must have their information entered and verify through the Contractor Verification System (CVS) prior to being issued a CAC. See your unit security manger for more information.

Active duty members who are retiring

If you're an active duty military member who is within 120 days of retiring and on terminal leave, you are eligible to receive your retired ID card. You must bring in your retirement orders and your active duty CAC.

100% disabled veterans

A letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs stating that you are 100% disabled due to a service-connected injury or disease and your DD Form 214.

Reserve retirees

If you're a Reserve retiree who is turning 60 and will start receiving retirement pay, bring in your Confirmation Letter of Retirement either on or after your 60th birthday along with your old ID card.

Lost ID cards

Operational security is every cardholder's responsibility. Anyone possessing a military ID card must be aware of the importance of protecting their card to prevent potential misuse or criminal activity.

When a CAC is lost or stolen, the cardholder will immediately report the incident to their supervisor or first sergeant and see their unit or sponsoring office security manager to complete an AF Form 1168, Statement of Suspect/Witness Complainant. This document will explain when and where the individual believes they lost their CAC, and what actions were taken to find the card and rectify the situation.

Retiree, military dependent, and other non-CAC personnel will report to the MPS ID card office in building 430 along with two forms of ID to obtain a replacement ID card.