Employment Verification Process
Published November 29, 2018
How do I provide employment verification to creditors, lenders, etc.?
Employment Verification is a self service My Biz tool allowing current DOD employees to email employment and/or salary information to an external organization (business, bank, credit union) or person directly from the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS) in a password-protected document via email.
All you need is the recipient's email address along with your work or personal email address to use as a confirmation and validation of your employment verification.
Employment Information that is sent
· Employee Name
· Current Date
· Employer Name
· Employer Address
· Duty Station
· Last Four of SSN
· Employment Status
· Recent Start Date
· Original Hire Date
· Total Time with Employer
· Position Title
· Rate of Pay
· Salary (if selected)
· Reference Number
· Email to Address
Contact your servicing Human Resource Office if you have any questions regarding the accuracy of your employment information.
Steps to send Employment Verification information
1. Log into the DCPDS Portal at https://compo.dcpds.cpms.osd.mil/
2. Select My Biz and then Employment Verification
3. Select your details to share, either
a. Employment Information, or
b. Employment and Salary Information
4. Enter recipient's email information in the To field
5. Verify that your desired email address is included in the My Email field to receive the password
6. Select Continue to preview the information
7. Select Acknowledge and Submit to send your EV information
8. Confirm your submission
9. Provide password to recipient to view EV information
Access to the My Biz Employment Verification tool is only available with your Common Access Card (CAC)!
More information can be found at http://www.cpms.osd.mil/Subpage/EmploymentVerification/