HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah --
Team Hill families are invited to an Education Workshop on Special Education Disability Rights from 10 a.m. to noon Jan. 25 at The Landing ballroom located at 7420 Miller Street in building 450.
The event feature guest speaker Maya Anderson from the Utah Disability Rights Law Center, who will help families understand their child’s rights when it comes to school.
The workshop will highlight:
• How to access special education and related services
• The difference between an individual education plan and 504 plan
• Student placement, testing and evaluation
• Discipline, accommodation, and timelines for implementation
• What to do when a dispute occurs
Register for this free workshop HERE through Jan. 23.
For more information, contact Leslie Flynn, Hill AFB School Liaison, at 801-775-5960.