Chief Master Sergeant Raymond L. Riley Jr., is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill Air Force Base, Utah. He represents the nearly 2,500 personnel providing base support for the Ogden Air Logistics Complex, three wings and more than 50 mission partner organizations. He advises the instillation commander on the mission effectiveness, combat readiness, professional development, training, utilization, health, morale and welfare of all assigned personnel as well as quality of life issues for the 27,000 total force warriors and family members that comprise Team Hill.
Chief Riley entered the Air Force in January 1997. He graduated from the Health Service Management Apprentice Course at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas, in May 1997. His background includes numerous leadership roles at the squadron, group and wing level in addition to assignments with the Air Force Medical Operations Agency (AFMOA) and the Defense Health Agency. His expertise within these units span Resource Management, Personnel Administration, Medical Information Systems, AETC Instruction, TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration, Medical Readiness and the Personnel Reliability Program. His assignments include bases in South Dakota, Maryland, Texas, Arkansas, Ohio, California and Japan. Chief Riley has also deployed in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and INHERENT RESOLVE.
2001 Airman Leadership School, Andrews AFB, Md.
2002 Associates Applied Science degree, Health Services Management, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Bachelors of Science degree, Management, National-Louis University, McLean, Va.
2003 Basic Instructor Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2004 Associates Applied Science degree, Instructor of Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Air Education Training Command Occupational Instructor Certification
2006 Air Education Training Command Master Instructor Certification
2007 Joint SNCO PME Course, Non-Residence
2007 Master of Science degree, Health Sciences, Trident University, Cypress Calif.
2007 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Biloxi, Miss.
2009 Master of Business Administration degree, Trident University, Cypress Calif.
2009 Black Belt Certificate Six Sigma - Healthcare, Villanova University, Pa.
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2013 Medical Readiness Management Course, San Antonio, Texas
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Fellowship, American College Healthcare Executives, Board of Governors, Chicago, Ill.
2016 Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist, National Healthcare Association, Leawood, Kan.
2016 Intermediate Executive Skills Course, San Antonio, Texas
2017 USAF Green Belt Certification, AFMOA, JBSA Lackland-Kelly, Texas
2017 DoD Financial Management Level II Certification, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) 2017 Combined Senior Leader Course, Falls Church, Va.
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint PME Course, Phase II, Non-Residence
2019 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2019 Leadership, Education, Analysis, Development, Sustainment (LEADS) Medical Executive Capstone Course, Falls Church, Va.
2021 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2021 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1. January 1997 - March 1997, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. March 1997 - May 1997, Student, Technical Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. June 1997 - August 2000, Medical Information Systems Technician, 28th Medical Support Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
4. September 2001 - June 2003, NCOIC, Weight-Management Program/UIFs, 89th Medical Support Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
5. June 2003 - October 2006, Instructor, Medical Readiness, 381st Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
6. October 2006 - May 2011, Flight Chief, Resource Management, 314th Medical Support Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark. (December 2009 - June 2010, Battle NCO, Task Force Medical East, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan)
7. May 2011 - May 2014, Superintendent, Medical Readiness, Associate 4A0X1 AFMC Functional Manager, 88th Medical Support Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. May 2014 - April 2015, Senior Enlisted Advisor, TRICARE Regional Office-South, San Antonio, Texas
9. April 2015 - June 2017, Superintendent, Resource Management Division, Associate 4A0X1 Career Field Manager/Resource Management, Air Force Medical Readiness Agency, Joint Base Lackland-Kelly, Texas
10. June 2017 - July 2018, Superintendent, 11th Medical Support Squadron, Air Force District of Washington 4A0X1 Functional Manager, Joint Base Andrews, Md. (January 2018 - July 2018, Superintendent, 386th Expeditionary Medical Group, Southwest Asia)
11. July 2018 - January 2020, Superintendent, 30th Medical Group, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
12. January 2020 - June 2021, Superintendent, 374th Medical Group, Yokota AB, Japan
13. June 2021 - Present, Command Chief, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Recognition Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
1999 Promotion to Senior Airman Below the Zone
1999 28th Medical Support Squadron Airman of the Year
2000 28th Medical Support Squadron Airman of the Year
2001 Distinguished Graduate & Academic Achievement Award, Airman Leadership School
2002 89th Airlift Wing Honor Guardsman of the Year
2006 Air Education Training Command, Master Instructor Certification
2007 Air Force Medical Service Enlisted Health Service Manager of the Year
2007 Graduate, Magna Cum Laude, Trident University
2008 19th Medical Support Squadron NCO of the Year
2009 Graduate, Magna Cum Laude, Trident University
2009 19th Medical Group NCO of the Year
2009 Air Force Medical Service Resource Management NCO of the Year
2012 88th Air Base Wing SNCO of the Year
2012 Air Force Materiel Command, Life Cycle Management Center, SNCO of the Year
2015 Fellowship, American College of Healthcare Executives
2021 Doctoral Candidate, Business Administration, Trident University
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Council Member, Air Force Regent Advisory Council, American College of Healthcare Executives
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, August 1, 2017
(Current as of June 2021)