Chief Master Sgt. Paul J. Strazz is Command Chief of the 419th Fighter Wing, U.S. Air Force Reserve, Hill Air Force Base, Utah. He is the highest enlisted leader in the wing and provides direction for the enlisted force, representing their interests across Hill AFB and throughout the local community. He serves as an adviser to the commander on all issues regarding welfare, readiness, and morale of the wing’s enlisted force. He also provides oversight and guidance to the wing’s First Sergeants Council, Chiefs’ Group, and Top Three Association.
Chief Strazz enlisted in the U.S. Air Force in 1991. His Regular Air Force background includes more than seven years in various duties in the aircraft maintenance career field. He joined the Air Force Reserve in May 1998, and has served as both an Air Reserve Technician and Active Guard Reserve member. His assignments include bases in Florida, Germany, Utah and Nevada. Between 1993 and 2010, Chief Strazz deployed to Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Afghanistan in support of Operations Provide Comfort, Southern Watch, Northern Watch, Iraqi Freedom, Noble Eagle and Enduring Freedom.
1996 Airman Leadership School, Hill Air Force Base, Utah
2001 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2009 Associate of Science, Avionic System Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, Weber State University, Ogden, Utah
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, by correspondence
2013 AFRC Chief’s Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2017 AFRC Command Chief Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2017 Professional Manager Certification, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by correspondence
2017 American Society for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Course
2017 American Society for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Course
1. November 1991 – September 1992, Communication, Navigation, Penetration Aids Systems Specialist, 309th Fighter Squadron, Homestead Air Force Base, Fla.
2. October 1992 – October 1994, F-16 Avionics Systems Journeyman, 22nd/480th FS, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
3. November 1994 – April 1998, F-16 Avionics Systems Craftsman, 421st FS, Hill AFB, Utah
4. May 1998 – December 2000, F-16 Avionics Systems Craftsman, 466th FS, Hill AFB, Utah
5. January 2001 – November 2005, Quality Assurance Inspector, 419th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
6. December 2005 – November 2009, Production Controller, 419th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
7. December 2009 – June 2010, Specialist Section Chief, 419th AMXS, Hill AFB, Utah
8. July 2010 – December 2012, Specialist Section Chief, 926th AMXS, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. January 2013 – December 2015, Aircraft Systems & Programs Superintendent, 926th Group, Nellis AFB, Nev.
10. December 2015 – January 2017, Aircraft Systems & Programs Superintendent, 926th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
11. January 2017 – August 2018, Fifth Generation Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent, 926th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 926th WG, Nellis AFB, Nev.
12. August 2018 – January 2019, Assistant Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Superintendent, 419th AMXS, 419th FW, Hill AFB, Utah
13. January 2019 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 419th FW, Hill AFB, Utah
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with ‘N’ Device
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Senior Airman May 1, 1994
Staff Sergeant June 1, 1998
Technical Sergeant Jan. 1, 2002
Master Sergeant Jan. 1, 2004
Senior Master Sergeant Nov. 1, 2010
Chief Master Sergeant March 1, 2013
(Current as of January 2019)