Col. Regina A. Sabric is Commander of the 419th Fighter Wing, U.S. Air Force Reserve, Hill Air Force Base, Utah. As commander, she oversees a dynamic training program to ensure the combat readiness of 1,200 Citizen Airmen. The wing is home to F-35 operations, maintenance, mission support, and medical personnel.
Colonel Sabric entered the Air Force as a graduate of Officer Training School in 1996. She has served as an F-16 flight examiner, F-16 and MQ-9 instructor pilot, C-146A aircraft commander, flight commander, weapons officer, chief of safety, Block 50 program manager, assistant operations officer, operations officer, commander, deputy group commander, group commander, and Headquarters Air Force staff officer. She has flown combat and combat support missions in Operations Allied Force and Enduring Freedom, and has served multiple times in Operations Iraqi Freedom and Noble Eagle.
Prior to her current assignment, Colonel Sabric served as Commander of the 919th Special Operations Group, Duke Field, Fla.
1995 Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Master’s degree, National Security Studies, American Military University
2009 Flight Safety Officer School, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University
2015 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Naval Air Station Norfolk, Va.
2016 Theater Security Decision Making, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2019 NATO Senior Officer Policy Course, Oberammergau, Germany
1. November 1995 – September 1997, Student, Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla.
2. September 1997 – February 1999, Student, F-15E FTU, 333rd Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, N.C.
3. February 1999 – June 2000, F-15E Weapons System Officer, 494th FS, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, United Kingdom
4. June 2000 – July 2001, Student, Euro NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
5. July 2001 – November 2002, Student, F-16 Formal Training Unit, 309th FS, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. November 2002 – September 2005, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, and Weapons Officer, 79th FS and 20th Operational Support Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
7. September 2005 – June 2008, F-16 FTU IP, ADO, Chief of Safety, and Block 50 Program Manager, 309th FS, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. June 2008 – July 2011, Operations Officer and F-16 IP, 507th Air Defense Aggressor Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. July 2011 – May 2013, Commander and MQ-9 IP/T-38 Pilot, 44th Fighter Group Detachment 1, Holloman AFB, N.M.
10. May 2013 – April 2014, Deputy Group Commander and MQ-9 IP/T-38 Pilot, 44th FG, Holloman AFB, N.M.
11. April 2014 – July 2015, Acting Division Chief/Total Force Continuum Strategist, Total Force Enterprise Division and Total Force Continuum, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, A5/8 – Strategic Plans and Programs, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2015 – June 2016, Chief, Combat Air Forces Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Reserve Programs and Requirements, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. June 2016 – April 2018, Commander, 919th Special Operations Group, Duke Field, Fla.
14. April 2018 – Present, Commander, 419th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with six oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Longevity Service with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Training Ribbon
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 2,660
Aircraft flown: T-34, T-39, T-1, T-37, T-38, AT-38, F-15E, F-16C, F-16CG, F-16CJ, MQ-9, C-146A, F-35A
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant March 15, 1996
First Lieutenant March 15, 1998
Captain March 15, 2000
Major March 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2011
Colonel June 10, 2016
(Current as of April 2019)