Library Fact Sheets
Printable Fact Sheet
Republic F-84F-25-RE "Thunderstreak"
Engines: One Wright J65-W-3 turbojet; 7,220 lbs thrust
Wingspan: 33 ft 7 1/4 in
Length: 43 ft 4 3/4 in
Height: 14 ft 4 3/4 in
Weight: 14,014 lbs empty; 28,000 lbs maximum
Speed: 695 mph maximum; 535 mph cruise
Range: 2,140 miles with four 230 gallon drop tanks
Service Ceiling: 46,000 ft
Armament: Six .50-caliber machine guns; 6,000 lbs external ordnance
This F-84F-25-RE, S/N 51-1640, was manufactured by Republic Aviation in Farmingdale, New York, and delivered to the United States Air Force on December 31, 1954. In January 1955 the aircraft was sent to the 401st Fighter Bomber Group, Tactical Air Command, in Alexandria, Louisiana. In March 1956 the 3600th Combat Crew Training Wing, Air Training Command, at Luke AFB, Arizona, acquired the aircraft. It was returned to the 401st in April 1956.
The aircraft was next transferred to the 110th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, Air National Guard, in St. Louis, Missouri, in July 1957. The plane moved with that unit when it relocated to Toul Rosiere Air Base, France, (USAFE) in November 1961.
By July 1962 the aircraft had returned from Europe and was stationed with the 12th Fighter Wing, Tactical Air Command, at MacDill AFB, Florida. In October of the following year the aircraft began flying with the 36th Tactical Fighter Wing, Tactical Air Command, at Holloman AFB, New Mexico.
The next stop in the aircraft's career was with the 104th Tactical Fighter Group, Air National Guard, at Barnes Field, Massachusetts, beginning in April 1965. The aircraft was sent to Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona, for storage in August 1971 and finally dropped from the USAF inventory in April 1972. Hill Aerospace Museum acquired the aircraft for static display in late 1982 and it went on display in 1983.